Thursday, December 28, 2006

Graham "Three Yellow Cards" Poll ......


Yet more controversy followed the Premiership referee last night. OK, the result changing decision was given by his assistant, but Poll allowed it to stand.

Deep into injury time, Tomasz Radzinski and Djimi Traore challenged for a ball, which clearly came off the Fulham player and out for a Charlton throw. Somehow, the referee's assistant, standing only a few metres away, gave a free kick for hand ball, from which Fulham equalised.
Over 25,000 people attending and millions on television saw one thing, one man saw another and Charlton lost two vital points.

The decision was so very hard to explain, firstly because just two players were involved, secondly, that one was wearing red the other white and finally, that one was black and one white. My point is this was not a hard decision to make and one which a "top class" official, should not get wrong.

Of course I am talking through my pocket, as Charlton were my selection, but the standard of officiating in England is dire and must be improved. At the lower levels, it is even worse.

Time to get off the soap box.

I will be back later with some information for today's events.

Good Luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Natural. Dont know if this comment was published so am writing it again. I agree with you about the current referees - they are destroying the game by a mixture of incomptence and wanting to steal the limelight. As well as Macclesfield I also am an Everton fan and used to think Poll was just against us but now I realise he only things of himself and doesnt give a toss about the game, the players or the fans. How he is kept on I dont know.
I note you describe yourself as a professional gambler. I was wondering if you trade these tips in running as it would have been easy to close your Charlton bet last night before the injury time debacle. Similarly with Ajax the other day when they were 2 up. Also could you tell me the best bookie to do Asian bets with. Much appreciated. Thanks.
Grip

The Natural said...

Hi Grip,

Good Morning, if you look at my "profile" page, you will find my email details. Drop me a line and I will send a personal reply.

If you watch Macclesfield regularly, you will know how bad the refs are in the lower leagues.

I appreciate it is a very difficult job, you could not pay me enough to do it and that, at these levels, there is little spare money. But that is hardly the case in the Premiership and it has to be sorted out.

I know that several players are currently planning to referee when they retire. Maybe this will help, but I think the whole system needs more of a radical overall.

Macclesfield are on the "up", do you think they will spend a little in the "window" ? Surely Ince was promised funds.

Regards.