Wednesday, September 15, 2010

SAINTS IN FOR SOME HARD WORK....


Just quickly, I am not getting involved in the MK Dons- Southampton match tonight, but I do know that new Saints boss Nigel Adkins whilst thinking his new team are the best in Division 1, is a bit apalled by the fitness levels of his new squad.


I understand that he has told them that they will be doing double training sessions until further notice, starting this week. Obviously this is not something clubs normally undertake during the course of the season and it will be interesting to see what immediate effect it has on performances. Supporters might have to be a little patient before seeing the benefit. If I was a player I would be ultra motivated to get results quickly and return to a "normal" schedule as soon as possible. Maybe that is an incentive to show their best tonight, anyway, it will be an interesting few weeks on the South Coast.


Good Luck.

No comments: