Monday, May 09, 2011

MONDAY ....

My goodness Arsenal were poor yesterday ! I picked the wrong game for the blog with my other three football selections all making a profit, see below. As I tried to explain last week this is just pot luck, I could have picked the only winner, but found the only loser, that is the problem when I can only carry a small number of my match previews on the blog. Nevermind, we are dealt our hand and have to play it .......... or fold !

SWEDEN SUPERETTAN
QVIDING-FALKENBERG
1.5 units Falkenberg -0.25 ball 1.87. WON 1-0

PORTUGAL SUPERLIGA
ACADEMICA COIMBRA - SPORTING BRAGA

Academica Coimbra +0.25 ball 2.21. DRAW 0-0

ENGLAND EPL
WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS - WEST BROMWICH ALBION

Wolverhampton -0.5 ball 2.20 + ... a little 2.25 available. WON 3-1

I have previewed two matches today and have managed to find a double stake selection, which is unusual for a Monday. Not sure if I will be able to post either on the blog, but I will definitely be posting a selection tomorrow, so please check back.

My beloved Brentford ended their season in 11th spot, I suppose after flirting with relegation early season, a mid table finish and Wembley appearance was more then we could have hoped for, but two places lower than last season, with a stronger squad and bigger playing budget has left most supporters feeling a little deflated.

Expectation levels are just so much higher now, not sure that is entirely fair on Matthew Benham and the Bees board, but that is the case, despite the club having a loyal, but low crowd base and only one previous season in the second tier of english football in my very long lifetime !

However,Brentford's home form, just nine wins and 24 goals scored in 23 starts was simply not good enough with the resources they had in a decidedly average League 1. Coach Andy Scott paid with his job earlier this year, I feel Nicky Forster and Mark Warburton did a decent short term job in difficult circumstances, but it looks like the club are going down more of a "name" route and we can expect a new manager to be named very shortly, possibly in the next day or two. Interesting summer in prospect down at Griffin Park the "theatre of sleepless nights".

Good Luck.

No comments: