Friday, April 13, 2007

FRIDAY THE 13TH ...............


Well, it can't be too much worse than Thursday the 12th, when not much went our way. I thought Benfica created enough chances to win, they had 58% possession, 15 attempts on goal and hit the same post twice, inside two minutes.


Peng pushed Tatiana Golovin all the way, but the Frenchwoman was a little too classy and once again, served very well, hitting 73% of first serves.


After an earlier match this week, Golovin complained about blisters, a bad toe and said that "my body is giving up me slowly ", adding that it was "so hard physically to move".


In her post match interview after the Peng encounter yesterday, it was a similar story ....

"I should've won the second set; I made a couple of stupid errors, which I think is due to the wind and me not being 100 percent physically." "I was not really moving that well but I was glad that mentally I was able to tough it out in the end, and that I stayed strong. I really went to get that match."


So many matches in such a short time, is obviously taking it's toll and she cannot rely on her serve getting her out of trouble forever. Golovin faces Dinara Safina today and the Russian is very generously priced at 2.25 with Centrebet and Pinnacle, guess that something similar will be available on the exchanges and probably elsewhere later.


Safina went on a fantastic run at exactly this time last year and we have to side with her, given Golovin's condition.


4.5 points Safina to beat Golovin 2.25 general quote. won + 5.625 pts


Good Luck.

No comments: