Sunday, March 14, 2010

SUNDAY ............


Celtic landed my first maximum bet of 2010 courtesy of a Robbie Keane hat-trick, so, with stakes level on the other three bets, that provided decent returns on the day.

I watched a 3-3 draw at Griffin Park, a match which saw two injury time goals and Brentford gift the visitors all three of their's, including two almighty howlers from home keeper Wojciech Szczesny, who dropped two balls your mother would have caught with one hand,despite holding a card, box of chocolates and bunch of flowers in the other (UK Mother's Day BTW). Bad day at the office for the giant Polish youngster, who has been earning rave reviews all season long.

Exciting game, the Bees started slowly, but did enough in the second half to have beaten a very big and physical MK Dons side. Ref was poor, Dons were a bit agricultural in their approach, I am being kind to both there (!) and there were six goals, including a very dramatic finish, so something for everyone and £21 ( I know !) well spent .

Saw a classic comment from on one of the forums, where someone suggested that pre match Dons had been fed on raw meat and the Bees a cream tea ! Charlie MacDonald (pictured) worked tirelessly, he was my man of the match, but all the team worked hard to stay in a match they could easily have been muscled out of.

I get to go far too infrequently nowadays, but it reminded me how much fun a day at GP can be !
I have had just one bet today and do not feel I can post it on here, so, you are on your own, or will have to look elsewhere.

Good Luck.

No comments: