Friday, February 09, 2007

PARIS QUARTER-FINALS ......


I have one bet for today, considered taking Safarova to beat Kuznetzova, as the Russians fitness is still a concern, but decided to pass.


There is a lot of bad feeling in the all Russian quarter, between Petrova and Safina. Petrova said "I hate loosing against Safina, for personal reasons. I will give everything I have to beat her, and even more if I have to". Dinara has an injury, admits to feeling tired and withdrew from her doubles match last night, fair to say she is not as "fired up" as her opponent. No bet for me as Petrova is plenty short enough, but she will probably win.


My choice is for Tatiana Golovin to take a set from Justine Henin, the Belgian is bound to still be a little rusty, she started very slowly in her match against Emilie Loit and this is only her second match of the year.


Golovin likes it here, where she has a 10-3 record, making the semis in each of her 3 appearances, losing to Mauresmo, the eventual winner, in the 3rd set, last year.


Henin is only 3-2 in this tournament and must surely have other things on her mind, following the recent break up of her marriage.


3 points Henin NOT to win 2-0 2.10 Pinnacle // you can lay 2-0 at 1.88 on Betfair.


Good Luck.

No comments: