Sunday, June 10, 2007

GOOD MORNING !

I am going to start with the French Open final today and will have that post online inside the next hour.

It is funny ( sometimes not so funny), to read the posts in various forums and even in the chat box on here. I know that we are all different and no two people approach any given situation in the same way, but without a positive mental attitude it is hard to win anything.

Would you really want to back a sportsman coming onto the field of play, who did not expect to win ?

I believe the same is true of gambling, if you do not "know" that you will win, maybe not today but in the long run, what is the point in playing ?

Sometimes people back the "over" and when it is 0-0 after 10 minutes, the negative comments start, "I knew this was a bad bet" or words to that effect. Or a team is 1-0 down after 20 minutes and now they "can't win". This is plainly not true and more goals come in the 90th minute of the match, as we know to our cost recently, than in any other time during the game.

I know of a businessman in the UK, actually he runs the Eden Project amongst other things and he will not continue to employ anyone who demonstrates a negative attitude, dismissing them immediately. Arguing that one person with such an approach, will "infect" 20 in a matter of days. This might seem harsh, but he is right about the effects of negativity.

On the blog, I have had weeks where we have made 50+ points profit and are 150 pts up over 6-8 weeks, then the next week starts with two losers and I receive emails that start with "I hope the bad run ends soon". This mind set is so alien to me and the way I try to approach life.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that a positive attitude can take you a long way, in gambling, it is vital. Try it, it works !

Here ends the sermon.

Back shortly.

No comments: