Saturday, November 29, 2008

UNHAPPY MAN !


I am not a happy man today, not just because my beloved Brentford are out of the FA Cup, as a Bees fan you learn to accept defeat and I have seen them lose a lot of games ! What is causing me so much frustration, is the penalty and red card situation, forget the fact that the Bees goalkeeper should never have been sent off ( like I can !) for one minute. The punishment of a penalty AND a red card is far too severe for any offence, save maybe actually scything someone's leg off in the penalty area ! It should be one or the other, but not both !

Why can't the guilty party go and stand in the technical area, whilst the penalty is taken, if they score he goes back on, if they miss, he leaves the pitch. What is wrong with that ? It will be up to the team awarded the penalty to decide if they want to score or not, I assume that 99.9 % would want to. The only real problem is if the player concerned is a keeper, like last night, but someone else could face the kick. This rule is ruining too many games and should be changed, if not for all games, then at least for Brentford matches, or any that I have bet on !

I have gone preview crazy today, after looking at two of the weekend events in yesterday's newsletter, I have followed up with write ups on another seven matches today ! Going to post a couple on the blog later this afternoon, so, if you are interested, please check back.

Good luck with all your bets today.

No comments: